Ordering Information & License Agreement
Perfect Little House Company License Agreement
Grant of License: In consideration of payment for use of drawings and specifications as instruments of service known hereinafter as the Construction Documents, Perfect Little House Company (PLHC) grants you, the Licensee, a nonexclusive right to use and to construct ONE structure from these Construction Documents. Additional licenses may be obtained by contacting the PLHC office. PLHC reserves all rights not expressly granted to Licensee.
Copies: One CD containing a multi-page PDF of the Construction Documents will be mailed within 6 weeks of receiving payment on the order unless an alternate delivery schedule has been discussed. The license agreement allows you to print sets of the Construction Documents as needed for permitting and the construction of your project. Your license agreement is non-transferable and does not allow you to post drawings on the internet, resell or use the design more than once. Full size printed sets of Construction Documents can be included within the mailing of the CD upon request for an additional print and shipping charge based on the going rate of copying and mailing charges.
Local Conditions: These Construction Documents have been drawn to meet generally accepted requirements. However, PLHC cannot ensure that they will be appropriate for your specific site conditions, personal requirements or that they will meet all requirements of your local coding agencies. It is the responsibility of the Licensee to site the building and meet all local codes. PLHC recommends consultation with a local design or building professional to accommodate code compliance prior to submission of permit application.
Limitation of Liability: Neither PLHC, nor anyone who has been involved in the creation, production, or delivery of this product shall be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages. By acceptance of this Agreement and the licensed Construction Documents, you agree as your sole and exclusive remedy including attorney's fees that PLHC's liability for any claims, of any nature, shall not exceed the purchase price paid for the plans licensed herein.
Marketing: The Construction Documents you are purchasing are labeled “Perfect Little House Company”. Marketing home sales using “Perfect Little House Company” is prohibited, unless by further agreement from PLHC.
Purchase: All sales are final.
Construction Documents General Notes & Disclaimers:
- 1) These Construction Documents have been prepared to meet generally accepted professional standards and practice. The Construction Documents have been developed without knowledge of or reference to the Licensee's site or geographical location. Site conditions, such as frost line/depth, soil bearing capacity, seismic and wind zones, exposure, etc. vary. Local code requirements for life-safety requirements such as stair width, stair rise and run, egress windows, smoke detectors, etc. vary. Strength of materials (such as lumber) available locally may vary. Therefore, supplemental to these documents, it is the Licensee's responsibility to consult with his/her local builder, professional designer or structural engineer to determine these Construction Documents meet all current federal, state/provincial and local codes, ordinances/bylaws and regulations, etc., and are appropriate to site conditions. Compliance with such requirements shall take precedence over these Construction Documents.
- 2) Any use of the information provided in the Construction Documents without adaptation to local codes, standards, site conditions and other factors is at the Licensee's sole risk. PLHC assumes no responsibility for changes made to the Construction Documents by others and makes no warranties, either expressed or implied, in the use of these plans. The Licensee agrees to defend and indemnify PLHC for all claims, costs, losses or damages resulting from the use of these Construction Documents.
- 3) Prior to commencement of construction, it is the builder's responsibility to check all dimensions and details, and verify conformance with governing code requirements for the geographic area in which the house is to be built. All structural, mechanical and electrical requirements shall also be reviewed before construction begins. Codes govern over drawings and dimensions govern over scale.
- 4) PLHC has not been engaged for construction supervision of any kind and assumes no responsibility to ensure that construction conforms to the Construction Documents, nor has any responsibility for construction means, methods, techniques, sequences, procedures or safety precautions in connection with the work.
- 5) These Construction Documents are copyrighted. Unauthorized copying of these Construction Documents is expressly forbidden. The Licensee is granted the right to make copies as needed for the construction of one (1) building per Construction Documents purchase. Use of these Construction Documents for construction of more than one dwelling is prohibited. Any copying other than with regard to the single site for which it has been authorized for use is strictly prohibited. You may be held legally responsible for any copyright infringement that is caused or encouraged by the failure to adhere to the terms of this agreement.
- 6) PLHC retains ownership of the copyright of the design described in the Construction Documents and all subsequent copies of the work, regardless of the form of the original and other copies. This is not a sale of the original documents whatsoever.
- 7) No other agreements exist between Licensee and PLHC unless agreed to in writing. The Licensee and PLHC agree that the venue for any disputes arising from this agreement shall be held in King or Kitsap County in Washington State and shall be resolved through binding arbitration. In the event of any suit arising from this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to an award of fees and costs, including attorney fees, as incurred in connection therein.
Credit Card Transactions over the Phone
If you prefer to contact our office directly, we will be happy to handle your credit card transaction over the phone. Give us a call at 206.780.1016 M - F, 8:30am - 5:00pm Pacific Time
* Save 5% by paying with check.
Send us a check accompanied by this downloadable mail in order form.
Make payment payable to PLHC
197 Parfitt Way SW
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
If you choose our paypal option and experience problems with completing the payment transaction, please call PayPal at 888.221.1161. If they require you to join PayPal, please feel free to refuse and use one of our other two options for payment.